TRANSITION TIMELINE ACCORDING TO EU ETS IV AND REGULATIONS EU AVR 2018/2067, FAR 2019/331
ESYD, in order to ensure a smooth transition and adherence to the dates set by the European Commission and the National Competent Authority of Greece (Ministry of Environment and Energy,) adopts the following program by the already accredited Verification Bodies, in accordance with ISO 14065:2013 and EU Regulation 600/2012:
1) Verification of Baseline Data Reports and validation of Methodology Monitoring Plans requires accreditation according to the scope of activity group 98 as stipulated in ANNEX I - Scope of accreditation for verifiers of the EXECUTIVE COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2018/2067 of 19 December 2018. No additional scope of the activity group 98 is required.
2) Hereafter, any initial accreditation / re-accreditation or extension including the AVR activity group 98 is based on the COMMISSION DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) 2019/331 (FAR 2019/331).
3) The existing accreditations of the Verification Bodies for the AVR activity group 98 will be accepted for FAR verification, but ESYD will assess their competence by assessment of the documented information during the annual surveillance at their offices and by conducting one witnessed assessment. Accredited Verification Bodies that do not accredited on the AVR activity group 98 should apply to ESYD for an extension.
4) The deadline set by the Greek Ministry of Environment and Energy, as the National Competent Authority, is 15.05.2019.
5) Existing Accreditations based on the Regulation AVR 600/2012 need to be transferred to new AVR 2018/2067 by the end of 2019 because the verification of AER 2018 shall be based on the new AVR Regulation.
Bodies Accreditaion Division