Given the validity of the new version of ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 as of 1.12.2017 and the end of the transition period on 30.11.2020 and in order to achieve a smooth transition from the old version of the Standard to the new one, ESYD decided the following:
- All Laboratory accreditation certificates according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 will not be valid after 30.11.2020.
- From 1.7.2018 ESYD will accept accreditation applications according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 and applications for transition to ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 from Laboratories accredited to ISO / IEC 17025: 2005.
- In any case, Laboratories applying for accreditation according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 and Laboratories applying for transition to ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 should send with their application (otherwise the application will not be accepted) the documentation to be specified in the accreditation application and the transition application. For the implementation of transition, the application should have been preceded by at least one month before the scheduled visit, otherwise it will take place at a later time on a supplementary visit.
- ESYD will accept accreditation applications according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 until 31.10.2018.
- ESYD will terminate the initial assessment procedures according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 on 28.2.2019 and decisions for initial accreditation according to ISO / IEC 17025:2005 on 31.5.2019. In case there are Laboratories that have not been evaluated according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 until 28.2.2019 or have not completed accreditation procedures (sending the final report from the Lead Assessor) by 1.6.2019 an on-site assessment will be required for compliance with the requirements of ISO / IEC 17025: 2017.
- If a visit to assess the transition to ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 has not been done during regular visits or at the request of the Laboratory by 15.9.2020, there is high probability that the transition process will not be completed by 30.11.2020 and the Laboratory should need to resubmit an application for accreditation on 1.12.2020